Many commercials have witty ADs, or ones that make a great impact, maybe even a small one, but the AD I love watching the most and makes the best campaign is Old Spice. It’s a brand that’s been around for about 50 years, it’s an AD we have grown with and know we can trust it to last. The Old Spice shower gel and deodorant never was an interest to me, considering it is for males and I wouldn't be needing that. Once these new commercials starting appearing, I was like, "Hey my dad uses this and wow this guy is so funny." This commercial may seem as it’s geared for men, but I think it’s not. This AD is directly speaking to women and husband’s always listen to their wives. This way of campaigning this AD is genius work. I have DVR and always pass though the commercials, but when this one plays, I like to stop and watch it. All the other commercials out there are so annoying and repetitive, but the Old Spice one is entertaining and just never gets old. This AD doesn’t make you want to buy Old Spice at the present time, but I know when your out at Publix or any connivence store looking for shower gel or deodorant you’ll immediately see Old Spice and buy it. This commercial will hit your mind and make you think, “I remember this brand it’s that guy whose always saying look at me, now back at your husband stuff.” All in all, Old Spice is an amazing AD.
Oh yes the Old Spice commercials are classic. I did not know that brand has been around that long. It is true that we have grown up with the product and it is still very popular to this very day. As a male I have used both the shower gel and deodorant. I think both products are very good and I like using them when my mom shops for me. The actors on the commercial are funny I have to say. That is an interesting point of view that the AD is directly speaking to women. I do agree about the other commercials that are so annoying and repetitive, that Old Spice is entertaining.
ReplyDeleteOld Spice commercials always grab my attention. They are funny, and they feature good looking men, which draws both guys and girls attention. Guys are drawn because they all want that nice cut body, and girls are drawn because they all want a guy that looks like that. I would have to agree with you, Old Spice is very good at marketing their product.
ReplyDeleteHahaa my dad also uses Old Spice and it’s the weirdest thing seeing a hot guy using this product to. These commercials are always pretty funny. I can still see this product being around 50 years from now. Also when you’re walking down the aisle its red bottle always flashes out at you it’s pretty hard to miss! Since Old Spice is for men and by having a nice looking male selling the product it also attracts women because they want their men smelling and looking as good as they look.
ReplyDelete