Hi I'm Melanie, I’m eighteen years old, I'm from Miami, Florida. I've lived there my whole life. My mom was born in Cuba and my dad in New Jersey but his parents are cuban as well. So I come from a very hispanic family. I have a sister, who can be quite a pain, but I still love her very much and miss her. My family is very family-oriented so this is the first time I leave home, I’m doing pretty well so far.
I went to Robert Morgan Educational Center and it wasn’t like a regular high-school. We didn’t have sports just academies. Therefore, we just had one pep-rally, the FCAT pep rally. It wasn’t a very interesting school. I was in the Commercial Art Academy, it helped me see that I didn’t want to be a Commercial Artist, that was a good thing. I didn’t have to waste college on this major. This made me fall back into what I have always loved which is nature and animals. I now major in Environmental Studies.
My favorite activities are anything that involves going out into nature. I have been camping with my parents for as long as I can remember. I also enjoy being with my cousins and just hanging out at home with them. When I lived in Miami, I’d always be outside riding bike and being with friends. I wish I would have taken more advantage of that, I really miss their company now. I have made new friends here, they have helped ease the home sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment